Video sharing Web sites allow users to upload, view and share video clips. The main aim of video in SEO terms is to create links and to sell your product or service in an attractive way. Video Web site such as YouTube provide you with one the most powerful forms of communication for you to attract potential visitors and get them interested in your products, services and Web site. You can use these video to promote your site and you can publish them to video sites like youtube.com, metacafe.com and many others.
Your goal in creating a video may be to inform or entertain your audience. Try to make your videos interesting so that people will want to share your video with friends through blogs, e-mail and other forms of communication. Such videos that receive widespread attention are called viral. Viral videos provide your site with higher search engine rankings because others are likely to write about you and to put link to your Web site.
How to make your video popular:
• register on YouTube with the name that best represents your business.
• use your target keywords in title and description of a video
• fill in profile information that tells about you
• generate a list of tags. These tags should be keywords you want your video to appear for when searched.
• add your Web site ULR to the credits at the end of each video. Use phrases like “sponsored by Business X” or “Learn more about Business X”
• post video responses. Find a video in your niche that is already popular, and post your video as a response to their video.
• post to your video to the social networking sites like Digg.com, Mixx, Propeller, and others
• post a link to your video on your blog.