20 Ways to Rank a Website
Page ranking has a direct impact on your popularity. The most popular brands are the ones that are ranked highly by search engines, while the lowest ranked are least popular. Very popular brands are more trusted by customers than less popular brands, and this always has an impact on the profitability of your business. Ranking is determined by various factors, and you can work towards raising the ranking of your page through the following ways:
1. Backlinks. There are several ways that you can acquire backlinks and eventually increase your rank. Commenting on Do Follow blogs is a great way of obtaining backlinks. In order to improve your ranking, comment on competitor sites, and ensure that your comments are keyword rich.
2. Submitting your page URL to high profile directories can also help. All you need to do is target at least 15 directories and create a very catchy DoFollow profile in order to improve your ranking.
3. Guest blogging is also an effective way to improve your ranking, as long as you meet the requirements of the target blog. Ardent bloggers and people who are passionate about writing can benefit from this method.
4. Social media can also help create backlinks to your site and hence boost your ranking. All you need is create an attractive profile, optimize it for targeted traffic and then list your site there. Most social networking profiles are ranked in Google, and this should be your objective.
5. Write quality content. Publishing articles on your blog or website can improve your ranking, as long as you follow the appropriate SEO guidelines. Your articles have to be optimized for Google, and contain no spammy content. Avoid overuse of keywords, and be keen on the distribution of the keywords. Write quality and original content. If you cannot write, hire freelancers or invest in guest blogging.
6. NoFollow attribute. NoFollow is an attribute that you can use in order to improve your ranking. Google ranks pages with this attribute highly, but can also penalize you for misusing it. It is advisable to use it sparingly, and in such a way that cannot raise suspicion by Google.
7. It is also good to use the NoFollow attribute in the comments section of your blog or website. This attribute makes it possible for you to deal with spam and hence improve your page ranking. Google penalizes spammy pages by giving them a lower ranking, and therefore using this method will save your site from spam and win the favor of search engines.
8. Get backlinks from special sites. Wikipedia is among the special sites that can help raise your ranking. It is an authoritative site that attracts high traffic, and therefore getting a single link from Wikipedia can really boost your ranking. Other sites that are considered special are .Edu and .Gov sites. Try to find if you can backlink to these sites.
9. Make yourself popular by increasing your web activity. Your activity on the internet can help boost your ranking. You need to contribute generously towards the niche you have specialized in by writing articles and comments on that field. This makes yourself popular, and helps win the trust of Google while ranking your page.
10. Internal linking can also help boost your ranking, if done correctly. You need to learn how to create quality anchor text and also how the internal linking feature works. Create a keyword rich meta for the page you wish to link with. Work towards generating four internal links.
11. Outbound links. While linking to other sites, make sure you do thorough search. Link only to authoritative sites, which do not have spammy content or features. Linking to trusted sites also makes you trustworthy and vice versa.
12. Loading speed. How does your page load? Fast loading pages have an edge over slow pages in all aspects. You win against competitors, and also win the trust of Google.
13. Domain age is a major factor while ranking pages in Google. If your domain name is registered for several years, you will receive a higher ranking than those websites whose domain names have been registered for fewer years. bear this in mind while purchasing a domain name.
14. When registering your domain name, go for dedicated IP addresses as this will save you from any imminent restriction. Google checks for all activities coming from each IP address, and any spammy activity may lead to the restriction of all domain names registered from such an IP address.
15. Sexually explicit terms are not ranked on page one of Google. Google has a child protection policy, and will never allow children to visit adult sites. Specific terms may lead to a lower ranking, so be careful about what you write.
16. Check what you do on the net. Google personalization can affect your ranking, because Google monitors what you do while you are logged in Gmail. Avoid visiting adult sites while on Gmail as this could be penalized on your page.
17. Use Pay Per Click campaigns. PPC campaigns can help generate leads as well as determine how your page is ranked in Google. Use it wisely.
18. Do not buy links. Buying sponsored links is a waste of money, and it cannot guarantee you of a higher ranking of your page. In fact, Google can penalize you for that unless you do it creatively. If you have to buy links, do so from authoritative sites.
19. Optimize your posts by doing a thorough keyword search. Google has a keyword search tool, and so you can never go wrong with this free tool. Search for the most relevant keywords that can improve your visibility on the internet, and you will have the last laugh. You are only required to specify the category of your business, or enter your page URL and then Google will generate keywords for you depending on priority. There are keywords that have a high priority, medium and low priority. You need primary keywords and secondary keywords so as to use them interchangeably throughout the page or articles.
20. Article syndication. Submit articles to relevant sites so as to increase your visibility. Google will make you more visible if you take time to create your brand a market on the internet. Traffic is an essential factor when it comes to page ranking.